Keywords: Year 2+, audio, podcast, 10 questions overall [6 MCQs, 3 short-answer, 1 true-or-false].
Click here to go to the audio’s webpage on the ABC.
Read more to view the answers.
- You can hear a child speaking in this audio. What is her name?
2. What does the child like to do?
a) Visit gardens
b) Look at gardens
c) Grow a garden
d) All of the above
3. What does the child love about gardens?
a) How the grass tickles her face
b) How lavender flowers smell
c) How sunshine makes green leaves look
d) She doesn’t like gardens
4. What does the child think about Costa?
a) She thinks he’s the best at gardening
b) She thinks he’s good at business
c) She thinks he likes compost too much
d) She thinks he doesn’t know much about gardening
5. Which of these adjectives describe the audio’s music?
6. If you wanted to listen to this podcast, where can you find it?
a) ABC News
c) The ABC website
d) ABC Kids Listen
7. The child and Costa say what questions they’ll be answering about gardens. Which one do you think is the most interesting?
Any of the questions that Caylee and Costa say would be correct. The questions are:
- What is a garden?
- How do plants work?
- How do you choose plants?
- Why is compost important?
8. What is the main thing the audio tells you about?
The main thing the audio tells you about is that there is a new podcast called ‘Gardening Buds’ coming soon. It will talk about gardening.
9. Write down if these sentences are true or false.
- The name of the podcast is ‘Gardening Buds’ = TRUE
- This is the first episode of a podcast = FALSE
- You can hear sound effects in the background = TRUE
- You need to create a big garden to listen to this podcast = FALSE
10. Do you want to listen to the full podcast? Why or why not?
The answer would be considered ‘correct’ if the question is fully answered with a reason for your opinion. For example: “I would love to listen to the full podcast, because I want to know more about gardening.”
See the original passage and questions here!